Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sharpness

technique description. My theme for these photos (and the rest of the quarter) was nature close-ups. To edit this photo, I adjusted the colors and curves a bit and then added some sharpness. First, I duplicated the background layer. Then I went under Filter > Other > High Pass. I chose to do a radius of about 9; the higher the number, the sharper the image becomes. This makes the image greyish and emphasizes the lights and darks. Finally, I had to change the blend mode to Overlay. I also added a layer mask and used a brush with opacity 50% to remove some of the background and make it less sharp again. reflection. I think this photo turned out well. I like the texture and colors in the pine cone. The sharpness really enhanced the texture and improved the picture while the color adjustments made it more interesting. One thing that was difficult when taking these pictures was trying to find some nature in the first place- there's not a lot out this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment