Thursday, April 28, 2011

Solarization


negative solarization, layer mask


positive solarization


negative solarization, black&white


positive solarization, hue blending mode


technique description.

For this assignment, we learned how to use Solarization. To create this effect, you work with the curves adjustment. For negative solarization, you drag the curves to make an ark, or rainbow shape. For positive, it should look like a 'U'. I made some of the edits more interesting by putting them in black&white, changing the blending mode, or using a layer mask to make only part of the photo solarized and leaving part of it original.

reflection.
Overall, I like the way these turned out. I think the solarization is a fun way to edit photos, especially when mixed with blending modes or other edits. I especially like the way my last one turned out because the colors in the tree are really fun. I also thought it was cool how the solarization just touched the tips of the petals in the first photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment