Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Creative Colors


Pictorialism

Vintage

High Color Contrast

technique description.
For this assignment, we worked with different ways to edit our photos using creative colors. To create a Pictorialism effect, I made the photo darker and added a vignette. I also added some grain and blurred the edges of the photo. For the vintage-looking photo, I adjusted the color curves to make the colors look different- more like aged film. I also applied a yellowish filter and lightened the colors a bit. Finally, to create high color contrast, I used curves to add a lot of contrast to the photo and upped the saturation. I duplicated the layer and used the Hard Light blending mode.

reflection.
I think these photos turned out pretty well, it was fun to edit them in a different way! One thing that was a bit difficult was that this particular photo only really has two main colors in it so there wasn't a lot I could do to drastically change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment