Monday, April 11, 2011

Typography


technique description.

For this photo, I first edited it using some adjustments (color balance, curves, levels). I also sharpened the picture just a little bit using the high pass filter. Then, I added text in Illustrator. To do this, I used the pencil tool to draw a curve circling the knothole and down following a crack in the bark. Then I used Type-on-a-Path to type along the line. I made the text white to stand out on the dark tree and picked a font that was simple and natural, but kind of bold so it was easier to read.


reflection.

I think this photo turned out well. I really like the way that the text circles the knothole and blends well into the photo. One thing that was difficult was making the text stand out because it wasn't showing up very well. To fix this I had to find a bolder font. It was also difficult to find a good quote but I finally found this one I liked by John Muir.

No comments:

Post a Comment