Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rhythm



technique description.
For this project, we focused on rhythm: the repetition of visual elements or subjects. I took several pictures of the same subject, either in motion or simply in different places. I used one of these photos as the 'background' photo. Then, for the other four, I selected the subject from each photo using the selection tools we've been working with. I applied a layer mask so that the only thing visible was the subject and I pasted that layer onto the background one. I also used some adjustments to fix the color and lighting to make the images look more realistic and vibrant.

reflection.
I think I did a good job editing these photos to make them look like there were multiples of the one subject. One thing I encountered was my dog turned out very dark in the photos and when I tried to adjust the levels, the shadow got light too. I fixed this by duplicating the layer, but getting rid of the shadow before adjusting that layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment