Thursday, March 3, 2011

Portraits


natural. backlighting. reflected. lens flare.

natural. 3/4 lighting. surface blur.

artificial. front. diffused. surface blur. photo filter.


technique description.
For this assignment we focused on Portrait photography and working with different types of lighting. We did both studio and natural lighting, and then worked with different angles (back, side, 3/4, front) and different techniques (direct, diffused, reflected). When editing on Photoshop, we learned how to work with the Spot Healing tool and the Surface Blur with a layer mask to even out skin in close-ups. We also learned about using an Overlay layer and the brush tool to enhance features. We also worked with lighting effects and photo filters.

reflection.
I think that I did a good job editing these photos. They still look realistic, but I enhanced the features of my subjects and evened out their skin. I also used lens flares and photo filters to add interest to the photos. One thing that I could have done better, however, was my photos in artificial lighting. They didn't turn out very well because it was kind of dark and a lot of them ended up being kind of blurred from the subject moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment