Monday, May 9, 2011

Selective Color

























technique description.

For this assignment, we worked on altering the color schemes of photos. To do this, you add a new fill layer of the color you want to change something to. Use a layer mask to block out any area where you dont want to change the color, and pick a blending mode that blends it in realistically. For the first picture, the darkest flower used to be purple. It distracted from the complimentary color scheme so I made it red. In the second picture, I changed the background- which had a lot of brown woodchips distracting from the subject. I made it all green to look more like the flower was just in a field of grass.

reflection.

I think I did a good job using the selection tool to change the color of the first photo. The edits look pretty realistic. However, the second one could be a bit better. I'm not sure I like the background to be all one color.

No comments:

Post a Comment