Thursday, May 5, 2011

Color: Meaning and Mood


technique description.
For this assignment, I used color to create a mood in my photo. I used complimentary colors (red and green). I enhanced the colors and added contrast by using the curves and hue/saturation adjustments. Then I adjusted the colors slightly using the selective color. I also added a vignette and lens flare.

reflection.
I like the way this photo turned out, especially the lighting and the texture in it. The flower seems to be reaching up towards the sky. The colors help to set the mood; red portrays a sense of boldness, determined, energetic, lively, and triumphant. The green is aspiring, fresh, natural, safe, and free. The flower seems full of energy and wonder, reaching up towards the sun and the whole setting feels very natural and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment